There are different ways you can be involved with HOWSS as a volunteer, whether you can help out once, occasionally, or on a regular basis.
We need volunteers to help:
- give people information about support and services over the phone, in the office, at the Hub, or at their home (training is provided)
- provide support at the Hub (training is provided)
- talk to community groups about housing options (training is provided)
- with stalls at events such as Seniors Week
- with office tasks such as scanning, filing, cleaning, data entry, mail outs.
If you are interested in volunteering with HOWSS, please complete the volunteer form and tell us how you would like to help.
We especially encourage people with lived experience of housing distress and homelessness, First Nations people, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and people with disabilities to work and volunteer with us.
I would like to volunteer with HOWSS
Older women are the fastest growing group of people at risk of housing distress and homelessness in Australia.
Our HOWSS team are assisting as many women in need as possible, but you can also make a difference by donating to HOWSS. No donation is too big or too small — your generosity is appreciated, and we are thankful for all contributions.
If you would like to donate to HOWSS please click the DONATE NOW button below. You will be directed to the DONATE page on Footprints Community website to make your donation. Please select “Homelessness Services” when prompted where you would like your donation to go.